We’ve spent one night of the total of 4 at the Marriott Marquis Houston, Texas (US) and so far, have been delightfully surprised by our chosen hotel in many ways. This is a post made purely out of the willingness to tell about our happy experience.
1. As longtime SPG members we linked our accounts upon booking with Marriott Marquis. We must admit that we were a little worried about how the company merge affects the customer experience. But our status mach worked as promised. The arrival at the Valet was easy and welcoming. And the exeptional, personal, professional, yet warm service at the hotel reception was one of the best hotel arrivals ever.
2. Location, location, location. We are happy for H-Town being able to come up with innovative ways of boosting Houston Downtown. Avenida Houston is the newest, walkable entertaiment district between Discovery Green Park & the George R. Brown Convention Center. More than a dozen new restaurants opened in early 2017. Marriott Marquis has been one of the boosters adding restaurants & new event facilities.
You get anywhere within Downtown area by taxi with $6 (!!). Dining, arts, entertainment. You choose. And METRORail lines take you to places from outside the hotel easily, too – one way is $ 1,25!
3. Details have not been forgotten. We love to create spaces with details and surprises. That’s what makes us super exited on the road, too. Everywhere at the Marriott Marquis you see that details are important. Like, who came up with the idea of the awesome, beautiful, unique Texas-shaped lazy river?
4. The selection of bars and restaurants. Marriott Marquis means you don’t need to wander around to get fueled. Walker Street Kitchen we’ve already eaten brekkie at and enjoyed some nice local Karbach brewery IPA at the Biggio’s Sports Bar (with a fun food selection). There are the Hugo Ortega’s Xochi serving Mexican, the wine bar Cueva and the High Dive bar still to experience.
5. You will feel special. Handwritten notes make our day, always.